"Look At Me"

"Look At Me"
monotype and screenprint

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Working on "Aiden"

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
-unknown


I've been working on my print about Aiden all week.  I started on Friday and have worked on it every day since then.  I haven't slept much.  I've already put 11 layers on it and put over 30 hours into it.  UGGGGGHHHH.  It's wonderful to be back in the studio again, but I'm exhausted!  I forgot how much work it is.  And the difference between now and grad school is that now I have to take care of kids too--I can't just take a nap when I feel like it.  :)  I'm hoping to finish it today.


Printing "Aiden" layer #10

Also today, Tyler started kindergarten.  :)  My kiddo is all grown up!  I can't wait to hear how his first day went!  I've been thinking about how fast kids grow and how GLAD I am that I stayed home with my kids.  I was there for everything--their first smiles, their first steps, their first words (even though Derek's came late--I was THERE!!!)  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Being a mother has been the most rewarding thing I've ever done with my life.

"These are the days to remember, cuz they will not last forever..."  --Billy Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment