"Look At Me"

"Look At Me"
monotype and screenprint

Friday, November 18, 2011

WHY

When Derek was first diagnosed, back in July of 2009, I spent a lot of (wasted) time wondering WHY?  Why Derek?  Why our family?  Why autism?  I went through a lot of emotions.  Sadness, anger, bitterness...you name it.  I've got to tell you though, in the past 9 months I've done a lot of soul-searching.  The other day it hit me.  WHY NOT?  :)  Maybe I was chosen to be Derek's mom.  Maybe Tyler was chosen to be Derek's brother and Dustin to be Derek's dad.  I don't know.  It's just a thought.  Through this project I have met so many people that I NEVER would have met if I hadn't had an autistic child.  I have never been so passionate about anything before in my entire life.  This project continues to grow in ways that I never dreamed possible.  So many doors have been opening...  I'm becoming more and more convinced as time goes on that everything happens for a reason and that people come into our lives exactly when they are supposed to...

Deep thoughts for your Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment