"Look At Me"

"Look At Me"
monotype and screenprint

Monday, May 23, 2011

Axtell Pancake Feed

"Your life is defined by its opportunities... even the ones you miss."  --Benjamin Button (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)

There are moments in life that you look back upon and say, "Why didn't I do this?"  or "If only I had done something different..."   We all have those moments.  What we don't realize is how many near disasters we have avoided because of the RIGHT decisions we made.  Sometimes missed opportunities are blessings.  Sometimes saying no is the right thing to do.  Other times, you have to take a chance.  Don't be afraid to fail.  Don't be afraid to reach for your dreams.  Go out on a limb and TRY.  What's the worst thing that can happen?  I have 65 hours left on the Kickstarter website.  65 hours left before my project is fully funded.  I am sitting here in utter disbelief.  43 days have passed.  It has been 43 days of emotional turmoil.  I've never been so nervous, excited, terrified, frustrated or HAPPY in my entire life.  But what if I had listened to the voice in my head that said that this was impossible?  That I could never raise $6500?  What if I had never taken the chance?  You only have one life...live it to the fullest.



Yesterday the town of Axtell threw a pancake feed/silent auction to help me raise money.  They had a bunch of things donated, like a NU football signed by Suh, Tom Osborne, and both Pelini coaches.  They also had a grill, a bunch of giftcards to places, a 3 month membership to a gym, rounds of golf, and baked goods.  It was awesome.  Over 90 people came and there were a TON of donations.  I have a lot of thank you notes to write!  :)  Here is the link to yet another NTV interview.  Hopefully the last for a while

http://www.nebraska.tv/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=5876943&at1=News&h1=The+Art+of+Autism&flvUri&partnerclipid&rnd=40490031

No comments:

Post a Comment